Monday, August 25, 2008

Searching & Happiness

I'm breaking down and finally starting a blog. I've always thought about it, then thought - "nah, I'd never keep up on it." However, now that I've entered this world of IVF (in-vitro fertilization) and seen so many people I admire - typing away in blogs ... I decided what the hell. So, here I am - contemplating a name for a blog and typing away into cyberspace.



Searching & Happiness. I've never been that clever and I am not one to drag out a decision, so I took a lengthy 14 seconds and picked a name. I figure all of us are out there searching for something in this world. We all have these milestones (or tiny steps) in our lives where we are seeking something out ... we always hope it leads to happiness. For so long my searching was my independence (it didn't take too long) and now ... I'm searching for a baby. At other times in my life I'm searching for something ... a new job, an MBA, the perfect pair of shoes, a great handbag (always searching for this actually) ... we always seek these things out in the pursuit of happiness ... I WILL be happy if I can hunt that down and have it for myself. May we always search out these things, find them, be happy and search out the next triumph. Many would say ... be happy with what you have ... and make no mistake - I am a very happy person (annoyingly so actually - my friends would say). I just think there's nothing wrong with us shooting for the stars (even fallen tree leaves sometimes) and going after things to fulfill our lives even more.

No comments: