Well, we've moved pretty fast with this in-vitro ferilization decision. I'm so excited about it. I didn't leave The Man much choice though ... he could attempt a Vasectomy Reversal with possibly not much success rate based on time and the Dr.'s findings - or - we jump into IVF and pump me full of drugs. He was not fond of this decision right away and felt like he should take the brunt of the pain (since it was him that had the V). He didn't want to see me shooting up with all those drugs with a small (45%) chance of pregnancy. I'm a planner though - so on we go.
Our Journey is moving fast ... I'll catch up here since I just started this ...
July 18th - First IVF consult. This included a full interview, ultrasound, mock-transfer (putting the little "fake" embryo's back in), and physical. They found at that time that I had 15 follies on the right and 7 on the left. I also found out at this time that I have "a dainty womb". Yes, that was a direct quote from the RE Dr. I thought it was cute at first until I went home and researched that. They also noticed on the ultrasound that my uterus had a slight septum (indent on it). They asked me to come in for a hysteroscopy on August 11th.
July 28th - AF came
July 31st - Started the BCP's ... once again - and here I thought I'd finally got off them so I could get pregnant. Who knew that I needed to get back on them for that same goal.
August 11th - Hysteroscopy. So, this is a pretty interesting procedure. I had to get an IV and go under a little bit - still conscience and awake, but not all there. They put a tiny 5mm camera up your hoo-hoo and get an amazing look at all those reproductive gadgets we have in there. It was quite cool if I do say so myself. You can see so clearly. I, however, could barely (actually couldn't at all) tell where he was concerned about this "indent" on my uterus though. Then ... without even telling me or The Man he said "there all snipped away". You mean to tell me you are cutting without telling or asking me? Yep, he did. Apparently those little snazzy camera's have micro-operational tools on the end - kind of like scissors. So he took it upon himself to cut away. Then afterward has the nerve to tell me that because he did that he would like me to push back a cycle or two. In my lovely IVF state I said to him "well, I'd have liked you to ask me if you could cut something inside of me, so thanks, but I'll be remaining on this current cycle." The Man looked at me like I was crazy and said "must be the drugs". I told them it wasn't and the RE stomped out of the room. My lovely RN (who I love) laughed at me and said it was my choice and the snip was very tiny - it should heal in time. Of course, The Man was worried that I was taking an even high risk of this not working. Whatever - the ass should have asked me before he started snipping.
August 12th - Yes, I did do some research on if my body would be ready for this IVF cycle before I committed... and I still decided to move full speed ahead. However, in my research I decided to start acupuncture. I read that it can help heal faster, send all the energy to the right places in my body and it is super relaxing.
August 15th - first acupuncture. The initial appointment took 3 hours. The first 90 minutes is a physical review and long interview on everything about you (sleep habits, sinuses, food cravings, stool habits, skin, etc.) They also do a lot of pulse takings and a good look at the ole tongue. It was a great first appointment - I as addicted immediately. Plus, she specializes in fertility enhancement...which made me feel good.
August 17th - started Lupron. I'm happy to say zero side effects for me. Some women have horrible headaches, hot flashes, immediate sweats, cramping, etc. I'm coasting on this drug. It basically throws your body into instant menopause - trying to create a clean slate for you to get on the other drugs. I did get a little spotting after 7 days, but the nurse told me this is perfectly normal.
August 23rd - Last BCP. Some women really complain about these - say they cause huge mood swings and depression - I coast on these too. Could be because I was on them for 16 years straight and never had issues with them.
August 25th - AF came and is still here. She came with a fury too, no cramps or anything, but heavy. Also had my first ultrasound (u/s) to check how I respond to Lupron and if I could start stimming as we planned. It all came back clear. And .. of course my uterus healed perfectly and the Dr said "good choice on proceeding with this cycle". No thanks to him ... I don't hold grudges or anything.... So they gave me the green light to start stimming on 9/1/08 - Labor Day. I get to start Follistm and Repronex ... and continue with the Lupron. Three stabs a day! Who thought someday I'd be excited about that.
So, that's where we are on this IVF road so far. The Man is being so sweet through all of this and I'm so glad I'm responding well with zero effects. Now that I'm caught up on this post, I'll start filling in more detail about this journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment