Well, I stopped posting for a bit there. Once I started stimming I felt like time just flew by. I didn't stim that well. My right ovary responded well with about 12 follicles (7 of those above 15mm). The left girl didn't feel like joining the party though. At the end of the day, they had my trigger after 10 days of stimming.
I had ER on 9/12. The Man had to have TESE (testicular sperm extraction) - not fun to have a ball biopsy. He was such a great guy about the whole thing though. He didn't even take the drugs! He had one shot for local numbing, but didn't take the IV. Crazy man. They ended up getting 9 eggs from me. We were pretty useless the rest of the day. I was really surprised how sore and miserable I was. I thought the procedure would be a bit uncomfortable, but the post pain was much worse.
I got the call 2 days later that 7 of the 9 fertilized. This was great news since we had to do ICSI on all of them. They told me we were on target for a 5 day transfer.
I went in for ET on 9/17. The Man and I were still wavering on transfering one or two. When I got there though, the Doc told me that only 2 of the 7 made it to Blastocyst by that day. I took that as a sign and figured I better trasnfer both of them! So, Doc said "sounds good - expect twins" - with a wink. I leaned back and enjoyed being impregnated.
Then the dreaded 2 week wait (2WW) started. The first 7 days I was awesome... now worries, no stress. Then on 8 days past the transfer I started to get antsy. I needed to know. I started Peeing on a stick (POAS) on day 8 and for the next 3 days after that. All of the tests were negative. Not a great feeling. I went in for my bloodtest on 9/29. Even though I knew it was negative (based on my narotic home testing) I was still carrying this sliver of hope. However, I got to the office after the bloodtest and found that I had started my period. That shot that hope out the door. A few hours later my favorite nurse called and told me the negative news.
I expected it, but it didn't make it easier. I spent that day feeling bad for myself. The next day I woke up with a great attitude. I figure you can't get too disappointed after 1 try ... get back on that horse! I called the RE and said ... get me in to see you ... we need to talk next steps and I'm not waiting another month. He laughed and said to come in tomorrow for a chat.
At the end of the day ... this is a crappy, stressful, very complex process. It's a science that has no rhyme or reason and I accept that. I'm not a quitter. In fact, that was the sweetest thing The Man said to me ... he leaned over that night we found out definitely and whispered in my ear "we'll get there ... we've never quit before." I don't know why, but that just melted my heart. Love the guy!
I'm feeling good and ready for round two ... bring on the baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment